1. It’s true. It’s super dry here. Your nose will bleed. It’s also true that it’s a “dry” heat. I’m so glad to be rid of the Midwestern humidity. But it’s still freaking hot. You have to drink more water than you ever thought possible.
2. The Phoenix real estate market reminds me of black Friday. Be prepared to be crazy, exhausted and broke at the end of the process. Well, I managed to avoid the broke part. But I think I’m lucky.
3. “Cord-cutting,” or getting rid of cable TV completely, is not ready for prime-time. At least as far as iPad apps are concerned. They are way too glitchy. However, FaceTime is a godsend.
4. It’s pointless to get a manicure a few days before hauling a 50-pound suitcase through the airport.
5. When you want to speak up so badly that it makes you twitchy, you should probably just do it. It’ll work.
I also learned a ton about the animal welfare industry. Way too much to organize cohesively and share just yet. I’m still learning, and am really excited about it. I work with some fascinating folks who do truly wonderful work.
Week 2: time to regain my sanity (after we sign our official lease), explore our new neighborhood and tackle a solid trail run at Lookout Mountain and hopefully a few other spots.